There is a lot to consider before you take the leap to build a new home. it may seem daunting and even impossible but when you choose to build with us, we’re with you all the way.
Here are some things to think about before you jump in.
- Is your builder licensed and approved by the Master Builders?
- What kind of house suits your lifestyle? Your life may change over the years, you might start a family so ensure you think about what house will be right for you in five or ten years
Tips and advice
When selecting a block for your new home it is important to understand the following:
- Where does the sun rise and set?, Where are the prevailing breezes?
- Is there any aspect that I am trying to capture? What are the neighbouring houses like?
- Where are the services located on the block i.e. sewer, water, power and stormwater
- Are there any easements or restrictions on the block?
- What is soil type?
- What are the covenant’s in this area and how do they affect what I need?
- What is the median house price in this area?
- What is the ratio of homeowners vs rentals
When selecting a house Plan it important to understand the following:
- What is my budget?
- What are the needs of your family?
- What are your thoughts on sustainability?
- Does this design utilise the block the best?
- What are the security needs of your family?
- What are the yard access needs?
Gedoun Property group can provide you with a full comprehensive report for you from block selection or house designs.
We use our own unique and customised systems to fully understand your needs. Our building system also assist you in prioritising what is truly important and will help you rationalise what your goals are and how we can work together to achieve them.